BOSTON, MA: May 15, 2018 — Today, Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a global leader in data protection, announced that the Carbonite Charitable Fund awarded grants to six U.S. organizations to enhance educational programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Carbonite’s initial investments will help bolster the grantees’ STEM programs and further the Carbonite Charitable Fund’s mission to equip students with the skills needed to excel in technology careers.
"Our vision for the Carbonite Charitable Fund is to help open new doors in STEM education and ensure the next generation excels in technology careers,” said Mohamad Ali, President and CEO of Carbonite. “The nonprofits we’ve invested in are pioneering new models for education and training to help close the technology skills gap, and we’re honored to do our part in creating better outcomes for students today."
The Carbonite Charitable Fund’s grants will provide support for each organization’s general operations. The recipients include:
- Hack.Diversity – A regional initiative by the NEVCA to identify, develop and place Black and Latino tech professionals into the city’s fastest-growing companies.
- 100Kin10 – A national network of institutions, companies, agencies and foundations that will prepare 100,000 excellent STEM teachers to enter America’s classrooms by 2021
- Girl Develop It – A national organization that provides affordable programs for adult women interested in learning web and software development in a judgment-free environment
- Resilient Coders – A regional program in Boston that trains people of color for high growth careers as software engineers, and connects them with technology jobs
- Nextech – A regional initiative in Indianapolis to elevate technical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills of K-12 students, inspiring and enabling young people from all backgrounds to pursue careers in technology
- Utah STEM Foundation – An affiliation with the Utah STEM Action Center to enhance STEM funding and resource opportunities for teachers and students state-wide
The Carbonite Charitable Fund is a donor advised fund housed at The Boston Foundation, Greater Boston’s Community Foundation. The Fund’s mission is to support charitable organizations committed to creating educational opportunities for students from all backgrounds. To learn more and inquire about the Carbonite Charitable Fund please contact CarboniteFund@Carbonite.com.
Carbonite provides a robust Data Protection Platform for businesses, including backup, disaster recovery, high availability and workload migration technology. The Carbonite Data Protection Platform supports businesses in locations around the world with secure global cloud infrastructure. To learn more visit www.Carbonite.com.
Weber Shandwick (for Carbonite)
Investor Relations Contact: